Geolocation and IP Intelligence Technology
HQ: Atlanta / United States
Digital Element is the global leader in geolocation and IP Intelligence data. We help clients break down online anonymity barriers to provide strong authentication of user identity — without violating user privacy.
- Financial Services
- Data Provider & Verification
Top North American and European Financial Institutions and Community Banks
Leading Risk Management Providers
Global Money Transfer providers
Global Financial Services Firms
Leading Financial Technology Providers
Leading eCommerce Platforms
Information upon request
Fraud Solution Profile
Digital Element’s NetAcuity® geolocation and IP Intelligence technology is recognised as the gold standard in the industry. It accurately and non-invasively identifies the location of website visitors down to a ZIP and postcode level worldwide in real time and identifies the use and type of proxied IP addresses. Acting as a first line of defence against online Fraud, NetAcuity uses a customer’s unique identifier – an IP address – to uncover information including location, the use of anonymous proxies, domain name and other identifying attributes referred to as “IP Intelligence.” Because NetAcuity relies on IP-based connections to return information, it is an ideal fraud-prevention tool that works invisibly across multiple screens, without interfering with the online experience. By adding an additional layer of protection to validate or verify user location, NetAcuity is a key component of mission-critical fraud prevention, compliance and security applications.
Our industry-leading solutions help our clients in a number of ways, allowing them to:
Balance Risk Management
- Leverage geolocation information to determine which transactions to review and which to allow, creating a balance between blocking legitimate customers and decreasing losses from fraud.
Shore Up Fraud Controls
- Leverage real-time user information to strengthen identity verification, such as flagging account access from unusual or high-fraud areas.
- Identify access from proxies, which are notorious for allowing users to remain anonymous and avoid detection – a major red flag in online fraud detection and prevention. Further intelligence on the type of proxy used helps to intelligently avoid false positives.
Strengthen Digital Profiles
- Expand user profiles by adding IP Intelligence-based attributes that allow detection of out-of-the-ordinary access and transactions based on normal user patterns.
Reinforce the Customer Experience
- Simplify and make the customer authentication process more efficient while remaining invisible to end users and respecting their anonymity.