NEXT-GEN MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
HQ: Scottsdale / United States
PersoKey develops Advanced Identity Verification technology to help financial services providers, retailers, social platforms and companies in other industries eliminate fraud and identity theft. Persokey leverages a unique combination of SIM authentication and biometrics capabilities—along with software tools developed in-house—to rapidly verify customers ahead of high-risk transactions. The proprietary facial intelligence technology offers a score when matching a face with an individual.
- Risk Engine
- Data Provider
- Manual Review Cockpit
- Chargeback Handling
- Callcenter Fraud
- KYC/AML/ID Verification
- Machine Learning
- Device Fingerprinting
- Behavioral Analytics
- Chargeback Guarantee
several US credit unions
several US banks
online retailer delivering groceries nationwide
online platform providing home based care services nationwide
mobile technology company
Integrated with U.S. mobile carriers covering more than 300 million subscribers
Integrated with Google Maps
Fraud Solution Profile
PersoKey Platform Enables Advanced Identity Verification
- PersoKey comprehensive Advanced Identity Verification platform combines cutting-edge technologies to provide device and biometric multi-factor authentication. PersoKey leverages the chips and sensors in every smartphone to capture device, environmental and biometric information and prove each individual’s digital identity.
PersoKey Authenticator App and SDK
- The PersoKey App-Authenticator solution is integrated with the infrastructure in the largest U.S. mobile carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and others), who collectively cover 300 million-plus subscribers. The authenticator leverages three technologies—SIM Authentication, mobile location and facial intelligence—to offer market-leading authentication.
- SIM Authentication and Phone Intelligence
By gaining access to SIM authentication and phone intelligence, PersoKey determines the phone number on the device, who owns the phone, how long it has had the same owner and the billing address and email of the subscriber. This information is compared in real time with the customer profile or other information available in the on-line order. In addition, the PersoKey solution captures related risk information about the device itself—whether it is a burner hone, or whether it has been jailbroken.
- Mobile Location
PersoKey complements its own findings with mobile location and IP address data to establish if the caller is in a familiar location.
- Facial Intelligence
The PersoKey facial intelligence technology offers a score determining whether the face is associated with a known individual, even when the face was not previously registered. However, PersoKey does not store pictures of the faces; it uses digital maps that are mathematical representation of the faces.
Stand-alone App or SDK
PersoKey Customer Verification Portal (CVP) for Call Centers
- PersoKey has a solution tailored for companies running call centers: a web-based Customer Verification Portal (CVP) that connects in real time with the user’s device, and provides an overall risk recommendation on the identity of the individual seeking to conduct a transaction. PersoKey CVP requires minimal integration with existing systems and can be up and running in less than a week. The platform is highly sophisticated offering the call center different verification mechanisms including the PersoKey Authenticator App, or an Enhanced SMS-based solution, Trusted OTP.
PersoKey Trusted OTP– The Enhanced SMS-Based Solution
- The PersoKey Trusted OTP solution is an advanced SMS-based authentication solution that eliminates insecurities related to traditional SMS-based OTP offerings, and is embedded in the PersoKey CVP. With PersoKey Trusted OTP, a company can verify that the phone belongs to the customer before sending the OTP. Once the company establishes that the phone belongs to the customer, a Trusted OTP is delivered with contextual information about the transaction. For example, the SMS will say: “We are sending this One-Time Passcode to confirm a wire transfer” or “We are sending this One-Time Passcode to send you a replacement card”. This mitigates the risk of social engineering, since the user is informed exactly why the OTP is being sent.
Solution for Online Merchants
- PersoKey serves retailers by automating manual reviews of high-risk orders (which can lead to chargebacks) and sending an e-mail to the customer before shipping. The message invites customers to pass the Advanced Identity Verification process with a RSVP code that is inputted in the App Authenticator. With just a few clicks, a legitimate user can get an order approved with the security of mobile/SIM authentication and biometrics. Besides the easing the transaction, the online merchant acquires compelling evidence with which to dispute chargebacks associated with friendly Fraud.